Grant applications are accepted between October 1st and January 31st each year. Applications are then reviewed and approved by our board of directors by the end of April. Grant recipients will be notified before the end of May each year.
1. Submit Letter of Intent
The letter of intent outlines your proposal to the Allies for Autism Foundation’s Community Grants Program. A letter of intent is always required, and must be provided via regular mail or e-mail prior to the deadline.
Deadline: Jan 31st each year.
* Download Letter of Intent template (PDF, 92KB)
* Download Letter of Intent template (DOC, 329KB)
Email your completed letter of intent to:
or print and mail to:
Allies for Autism
5552 Dalhart Hill N.W.
Calgary, AB T3A 1S9
2. Eligibility Review
Your letter of intent will be reviewed to assess eligibility. This initial review process takes four to eight weeks. We may be in touch with you through this process for additional information.
3. Application Approval
Once we have all of the information required, the proposals are considered by our board for approval.
4. Award Grants
Grant recipients will be notified before the end of April each year and the grants are awarded at our annual wine and cheese event on a date to be determined in May. The wine and cheese in another opportunity for the autism agencies in Calgary and area to network and learn what individual agencies are working on.
5. Final Reporting and Recognition
- A formal Agency Grant Agreement will be signed by each successful applicant.
- Successful applicants will be expected to give public recognition to the Foundation (unless agreed upon by the Foundation).
- A Final Report is required from all successful applicants no later than the date specified on the Agency Grant Agreement. Criteria will be provided by Allies for Autism Foundation. Late or incomplete final reports can affect future grants.